We assist small businesses with all their corporate or business transactions, including preparing or reviewing contracts, merger, or purchase documents, employment agreements, and preparing corporate governance documents. Many small businesses are not able to hire counsel full-time. We help close that gap by providing answers to many of the legal questions that small businesses encounter. Specifically, we help with the following:
- Review or drafting employment agreements, operating agreements, shareholder agreements
- Advice on ways to limit liability, including potential personal liability.
- Help small businesses understand the factors that make individuals independent contractors or employees
- Review leases and other purchase documents to ensure that businesses are aware of their liabilities prior to entering the agreement
- Help small businesses understand which types of expenses to cover through business accounts, what employee expenses can be covered by the business, and proper procedures for transferring funds out of the business
- Other business questions that arise in the course of operating a small business